Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Health Benefits of Lemon Grass (Salay/Tanglad)

To be honest I am amazed at how the lemon grass juice has worked for our family. Aside from the fact that everyone enjoys the taste, it really is very beneficial to our health.
Even my father was surprised that Lemongrass a.k.a. Tanglad (in our vernacular) can be used more than just for cooking our local dishes and regular viands. This wonderful smelling grass has always been associated to great Asian dishes like Thai, Malaysian and Vietnamese. And who could miss out the relaxing smell of a lemon grass scented candle.
Fact is the health benefits of Lemon grass are countless. First, studies have shown that it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is also known to help cleanse anddetoxify the liver, pancreas, kidneys, bladder and the digestive tract. I could perhaps even point to this juice why I don’t have arthritis attack lately despite the legumes and nuts in my diet. It is also known to cut down uric acid, cholesterol, fats. For those breastfeeding mothers, it also aides in lactation. Topically, it can also help in eliminating acne when used as toner. It can also be used as remedy to the deadly Malaria, fever and colds. I can personally vouch for it as an effective cold remedy. It worked for my three year old. The day he had colds, he would sneeze non stop coupled with bad runny nose. I had him take the juice every meal and the next day, no sign that he ever had the colds the previous day. Amazing!
Amazed enough? The list goes on and on. There are weeks when I get too lazy to do the Lemon grass concoction. The truth is I have no opportunity to get lazy ever. I don’t move a finger in a day and our house could possibly collapse, seriously. All I really need is to remind myself that it’s no more than cutting the sheaves about an inch and soaking them in vinegar for five minutes. Rinse and then dunk everything to the boiling water. Once a week. That would yield to three liters of juice. Just that thought and I can get to my feet.

The Leader
ACTRESS @ CELEBRETIES HOT PHOTOS
Young and Adult Sexual Reprouctive Health
Organic Farming

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...